How To Clean Up Color Fun Run Powder & Powdered Paint
You’ve just finished your Color Fun Run and now you and your clothes look like you have stepped through a powdered paint rainbow! Awesome! But just in case you don’t want to walk around all day in a technicolor glow here are some tips for cleaning up.
Removing Powdered Paint From Skin and Hair
Wondering how to get color powder off of your skin and hair after the run? Follow these instructions:
- Dust off or blow off as much powdered paint as possible before you jump in the car or plop down on your white sofa!
- Color powder washes right out! Just take a shower, grab a bar of soap and some shampoo and you should be set! In our warehouse we use Dawn dishwashing soap to wash out the colored paint – it seems to do the trick on washing it out of skin.
- If you have light colored hair – sometimes the colors can have a little bit more staying power! It will wash out in a few days. We say wear it loud and proud! But if you have prom the next day and you don’t want blue streaks in your hair, then you may want to wear a hat or try oiling your hair with Coconut oil before the race.
How to clean up powdered paint from your clothing:
Wondering how to get color powder off of your skin after the run? It’s nothing a tumble through the washing machine won’t take care of! Color Powder washes out of most clothing but since we haven’t tested every fabric under the sun you may want to leave your favorite running clothes or evening dress at home.
- Dust off or blow off as much powder as possible before washing. You may want to wash your color branded gear separately in cold water. If it doesn’t wash out the first time, don’t put it in the dryer and try some stain remover or bleach (white clothes only) the second time around.
How to clean up powdered paint from your run or event:
Wondering how to remove color powder from your venue after the run? If you are the Color Fun Run organizer and you need to clean up the venue, it’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Most of the powdered paint is going to be concentrated where your color stations are. Blow or sweep up most of the color powder.
- Then just 1) turn on the sprinklers 2) hose or power wash the area down. 3) be respectful of your venue and clean up any trash or debris left behind.
Colored powder looks great on you! Remember to always – Be Bright! Be Colorful and Be YOU!
Don’t forget to buy color powder by Color Blaze for your next event!